What to expect at TBF as first timers? Mary E Ilium Campground

Regarding ToddG’s comments on weather and clothing: It can get cold at night and sometimes, like last year, in the daytime, too. I live in Wisconsin and I bring my 0-32 degree parka with a down sweater/jacket underneath. Long underwear is always a good choice. And keep in mind that you might be sitting or standing still for a few hours — not generating a lot of body heat. Full disclosure: I’m old (71) and get cold easily. But I come back to TBF every year and have a great time. And you will, too :wink:

3 Likes

Newbie here as well - with Mary E Ilium camping/VP. Cannot wait to get there and meet the folks in the “neighborhood!” Cheers! - Kim

3 Likes

Same here!!:smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

I appreciate it😊 I get cold easily as well so we will definitely make sure we’re prepared!

This video is a bit shaky, but gives you a pretty good idea what to expect at Mary E. https://youtu.be/CTjNPgNPd0E?si=XWzcwr0HcNBS-NbL

1 Like

Last year I was in rain gear for 3 days straight with lots of layers. In 2021, I barely needed a jacket at night. Hence, pack for all 4 seasons. Welcome!

3 Likes

So far, I’ve not seen a clear answer to whether or not one is allowed to bring a wagon on the shuttle. Please forgive me if it’s been answered and I’ve missed it.

I can’t vouch for this myself but ToddG said it’s doable in a thread a few years back: Mary Illium Camping Tips? - #9 by ToddG

You can bring wagons, shade shelters, bags, ice chests and whatever you can haul. But, at peak times like 8am-10am when there’s most likely lines of folks waiting, it can be frowned upon taking up extra space, but everyones going to be hauling a large amount of stuff. The largest amount of walking with your gear will be from your campsite to the shuttle, the shuttles drop off right outside the main entrance to the festival.

2 Likes

Thank you, I really appreciate the information.