Forum logo Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 17, 2018, 10:49:55 PM
Home | Help | Login | Register Planet Bluegrass | Facebook | Twitter | Shop
News: Become a fan of the Planet Bluegrass Facebook page

NavTree open  Festivarian Forum
NavTree sideNavTree open  General Category
NavTree downNavTree sideNavTree open  Telluride Bluegrass Festival (Moderators: TellurideTom, Ron N Deb)
NavTree downNavTree downNavTree sideNavTree open  Band Competition and my theory of height
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
topic icon Author Topic: Band Competition and my theory of height  (Read 466 times)
Australian fan
Old Timer

Festivation rating 421

Forget about everything else

URL icon « on: June 29, 2018, 01:22:09 PM »

I had a great time watching and listening to the band competition in Elks Park this year. What a privilege to hear so many talented performers close up, it was lots of fun.

Made sure I made it to the finals on main stage and will say I thought the judges got it completely right. Wood Belly were outstanding and look forward to seeing them do a full set next year.

Iím just going to put out my height theory regarding bands. I think bands where most members are roughly the same height have a much more unified sound. This is particularly true when they are using one microphone. My theory was tested and proven ( again) in the band contest this year.

Iím no musician - just an avid fan- but I reckon Iím right.

And on a slightly different ( but somewhat related) subject. I would love to see Lil Smokies on the main stage. Their Firstgrass set was a killer!

Now Playing icon Listening to: Lil Smokies
« Last Edit: June 29, 2018, 01:49:58 PM by Australian fan » IP address Logged
Pages: [1] Go upGo Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Planet Bluegrass | Facebook | Twitter | Shop | Festivarian Forum rss feed Powered by SMF | SMF © Simple Machines LLC