Forum logo Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 27, 2017, 12:16:32 AM
Home | Help | Login | Register Planet Bluegrass | Facebook | Twitter | Shop
News: Be sure you're signed up for the Notes from the Planet for the latest Planet Bluegrass news

NavTree open  Festivarian Forum
NavTree sideNavTree open  General Category
NavTree downNavTree sideNavTree open  Rockygrass (Moderators: TellurideTom, Ron N Deb)
NavTree downNavTree downNavTree sideNavTree open  Thinking of headed to my first festival..
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
topic icon Author Topic: Thinking of headed to my first festival..  (Read 874 times)
siren84

Festivation rating 21

URL icon « on: April 10, 2017, 11:11:50 AM »

Hi Everyone!  As the title says I am thinking about headed to the festival for the first time and bringing my wife and young daughter.  We are super excited.   I am wondering if there are any tips you seasoned festivarians would be willing to share to make our festival experience better?  Is there a more kid friendly camp ground I should look in to getting?  Is it necessary to set up camp on Thursday?  Would I be out of luck on getting a good spot if we show up on Friday?  I did use the search bar and found some great tips on other posts but I was hoping to get some prospective especially from people with young kids (my daughter is 3).  Thanks in advance. Flower

Now Playing icon Listening to: Greensky All Access Volume One
IP address Logged
skyrunner
Festivarian

Festivation rating 420

URL icon « Reply #1 on: April 11, 2017, 06:07:39 PM »

Where do you plan on camping?
IP address Logged
siren84

Festivation rating 21

URL icon « Reply #2 on: April 11, 2017, 06:14:36 PM »

Hi!  Thanks for the response.  I was starting to lose hope.  I just ended up buying the 3 day onsite camping pass for my wife, daughter and I.  Any tips are very appreciated as this it's my first festival and I am SUPER excited.
IP address Logged
skyrunner
Festivarian

Festivation rating 420

URL icon « Reply #3 on: April 12, 2017, 03:18:50 PM »

Unfortunately I just wont be able to help with that one.  huh I know there are still lots of people showing up on Friday. So I don't think you have that much to worry about. I will be camping down at Meadow park and set up Wednesday sometime. It is hard not getting excited.   
IP address Logged
marshbt
Kinda digging this festival thing...

Festivation rating 9

URL icon « Reply #4 on: April 13, 2017, 05:34:56 PM »

Onsite camping is awesome but loud at night for the little one. I've heard of people getting together and making little areas of families that are toned down a little.  There are two parts of on-site camping.  The north part is tent only and the south part is tents/vehicles (you would need a vehicle pass for the vehicle).  It fills up quick on Thursday night, but spots can still be found on Friday. There are tons of families and kids at the festival, none of which are mine, so I can't give you much advice there. 

Now Playing icon Listening to: Lindsay Lou and the Flatbellies
IP address Logged
Pages: [1] Go upGo Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Planet Bluegrass | Facebook | Twitter | Shop | Festivarian Forum rss feed Powered by SMF | SMF © Simple Machines LLC