Forum logo Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 19, 2018, 09:09:59 PM
Home | Help | Login | Register Planet Bluegrass | Facebook | Twitter | Shop
News: Become a fan of the Planet Bluegrass Facebook page

NavTree open  Festivarian Forum
NavTree sideNavTree open  General Category
NavTree downNavTree sideNavTree open  Telluride Bluegrass Festival (Moderators: TellurideTom, Ron N Deb)
NavTree downNavTree downNavTree sideNavTree open  Town Park virgin? Get your answers here!
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 78 79 [80] Go Down Print
topic icon Author Topic: Town Park virgin? Get your answers here!  (Read 335198 times)
Bawndo

Festivation rating 0

URL icon « Reply #1185 on: February 13, 2018, 05:58:46 PM »

We've got a group of 7 camping at Matterhorn.  Since we'll likely head into the fest at different times each day, and none of us will be in a condition to drive home at night, what is the best way to get back and forth?  Is ride sharing (Uber, Lyft) available, shuttle, hot air balloon?     

Now Playing icon Listening to: Balsam Range
IP address Logged
Hot Sugar
LOVES the internet

Festivation rating 420

Commander of the Bluegrass Revolution

URL icon « Reply #1186 on: February 15, 2018, 12:37:04 PM »

We've got a group of 7 camping at Matterhorn.  Since we'll likely head into the fest at different times each day, and none of us will be in a condition to drive home at night, what is the best way to get back and forth?  Is ride sharing (Uber, Lyft) available, shuttle, hot air balloon?     

My understanding is that if you're not camping at a Planet Bluegrass campground, you're only option is to drive to Mountain Village to park then take the Gondola over. If you're not wanting to organize to leave at the same time with a few designated drivers, I'd recommend moving to Mary E or Lawson where you can rely on the Shuttles.
IP address Logged

"That spells clever not cleaver."
culasthewiz
Kinda digging this festival thing...

Festivation rating 420

URL icon « Reply #1187 on: April 20, 2018, 09:34:23 AM »

If you're looking at this post wondering how you're going to ever get through 80 pages of responses, feel free to check out the summary I put together here: http://www.festivarian.com/index.php/topic,31794.0.html
IP address Logged

~Camp Trailer Smash~
TRL
Festivarian

Festivation rating 420

Ready to go!

URL icon « Reply #1188 on: May 03, 2018, 10:08:30 PM »

It's great having all this information available Thumbs Up at our thumbtips but it certainly comes with a major drawback  it doesn't leave much for the newbies to question, converse, and get to know others with. By all means the gold nuggets hidden throughout these pages have proven very valuable.

Thank you again Culasthewiz for going through and consolidating all that information it does make it easier to get through.
IP address Logged
culasthewiz
Kinda digging this festival thing...

Festivation rating 420

URL icon « Reply #1189 on: May 04, 2018, 12:05:43 PM »

It's great having all this information available Thumbs Up at our thumbtips but it certainly comes with a major drawback  it doesn't leave much for the newbies to question, converse, and get to know others with. By all means the gold nuggets hidden throughout these pages have proven very valuable.

Thank you again Culasthewiz for going through and consolidating all that information it does make it easier to get through.

Thanks.  My goal wasn't to usurp this awesome thread as this is where I got most of my info before my first TP trip!  I figured that the summary could be an opportunity for folks who might be short on time to get the gist.  I encourage further discussion here. 
IP address Logged

~Camp Trailer Smash~
MaryannKK

Festivation rating 0

URL icon « Reply #1190 on: June 12, 2018, 07:19:04 PM »

First timer to Town Park camping and I've got a couple questions. Appreciate all the help!  Wave

Due to work schedules, we won't be able to arrive until the afternoon of Friday the 22nd. There are only two of us, do we stand a chance at getting campsite space? Any suggestions on where we should look first when we get there?

What is the visitor policy in Town Park campground? We have friends meeting up at the festival that have other accomodations, but would we be able to have them visit us in our campground during the day?

Thanks again for the help! Super excited to check out Town Park!  Cheers
IP address Logged
Mark J
Forumvarian

Festivation rating 420

URL icon « Reply #1191 on: June 12, 2018, 08:45:57 PM »

After Wednesday evening, only those with a Town Park wrist band can get into Town Park, so unfortunately, your friends will not be able to get to your campsite.  As far as where to go when you get to Town Park....your best bet is to simply walk around and when you see people at their site, ask them if they have room for your tent?  You will find people to be very friendly and welcoming.....if the first site you come to does not have room, just move on and check with others.....you will find a place considering you just need a spot for one tent   Thumbs Up
IP address Logged

Go Pack Go!
Pages: 1 ... 78 79 [80] Go upGo Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Planet Bluegrass | Facebook | Twitter | Shop | Festivarian Forum rss feed Powered by SMF | SMF © Simple Machines LLC