Forum logo Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 20, 2019, 11:19:58 PM
Home | Help | Login | Register Planet Bluegrass | Facebook | Twitter | Shop
News: Sign up for our new Wildflower Concerts newsletter - for news and special offers

NavTree open  Festivarian Forum
NavTree sideNavTree open  General Category
NavTree downNavTree sideNavTree open  Telluride Bluegrass Festival (Moderators: TellurideTom, Ron N Deb)
NavTree downNavTree downNavTree sideNavTree open  Town Park Noob? Look Here!
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down Print
topic icon Author Topic: Town Park Noob? Look Here!  (Read 9712 times)
TheLorax27
Forumvarian

Festivation rating 420

SAFETY THIRD.

URL icon « Reply #30 on: March 08, 2019, 09:44:51 AM »

Culasthewiz wrote: "There's already a problem with Kelty tents obscuring the view". That's worrisome as I just purchased a Kelty Sunshade for use at the TBF. I don't want to offend other festivarians by putting this up. What is the etiquette regarding use of these structures? Thanks!

No it is fine, there are plenty of these. The only issue is if you dont get a front row spot, it is unlikely you will be able to see the stage due to other Kelty's blocking your view. 

Now Playing icon Listening to: GSBG
IP address Logged

Eat Drink and Be Merry!
culasthewiz
Small Member

Festivation rating 420

URL icon « Reply #31 on: March 08, 2019, 10:09:33 AM »

Culasthewiz wrote: "There's already a problem with Kelty tents obscuring the view". That's worrisome as I just purchased a Kelty Sunshade for use at the TBF. I don't want to offend other festivarians by putting this up. What is the etiquette regarding use of these structures? Thanks!

Good question.  The problem with Keltys (in my opinion) is that they are so low that they obstruct views for people set up behind them.  This is not necessarily the fault of the owners of these tents but perhaps an area of improvement for Planet Bluegrass' management of the tent areas.  In a perfect world, I'd like to see EZups in their own section (or given priority toward the front?) because they're tall enough that folks behind them can see right through to the main stage.  However, it's far enough back that you can't really see a lot anyway so maybe it's not as big of a deal as I'm making it out to be.

So to answer your question, just be mindful of where you set it up and do your best to be a good Festivarian by accommodating your neighbors.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2019, 10:20:00 AM by culasthewiz » IP address Logged

~Camp Trailer Smash~
ToddG
Forumvarian

Festivation rating 420

Let's Pick!

URL icon « Reply #32 on: March 08, 2019, 11:44:54 AM »

Good question.  The problem with Keltys (in my opinion) is that they are so low that they obstruct views for people set up behind them.  This is not necessarily the fault of the owners of these tents but perhaps an area of improvement for Planet Bluegrass' management of the tent areas.  In a perfect world, I'd like to see EZups in their own section (or given priority toward the front?) because they're tall enough that folks behind them can see right through to the main stage.  However, it's far enough back that you can't really see a lot anyway so maybe it's not as big of a deal as I'm making it out to be.

So to answer your question, just be mindful of where you set it up and do your best to be a good Festivarian by accommodating your neighbors.

It is strange being that Kelty is a sponsor and vendor at TBF, you'd think they might design a festival specific sunshade. Easy ups are nice also because they can be joined together with others to form a continuous area of shade.

Now Playing icon Listening to: Steve Winwood- Vagabond Virgin
IP address Logged

How come they don't turn the banjo up?
culasthewiz
Small Member

Festivation rating 420

URL icon « Reply #33 on: March 08, 2019, 12:02:17 PM »

It is strange being that Kelty is a sponsor and vendor at TBF, you'd think they might design a festival specific sunshade. Easy ups are nice also because they can be joined together with others to form a continuous area of shade.

Totally agree!  Moreso the straight leg ones.  Angled leg versions don't work too well for this.
IP address Logged

~Camp Trailer Smash~
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go upGo Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Planet Bluegrass | Facebook | Twitter | Shop | Festivarian Forum rss feed Powered by SMF | SMF © Simple Machines LLC