Forum logo Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 21, 2017, 10:46:25 PM
Home | Help | Login | Register Planet Bluegrass | Facebook | Twitter | Shop
News: Become a fan of the Planet Bluegrass Facebook page

NavTree open  Festivarian Forum
NavTree sideNavTree open  General Category
NavTree downNavTree sideNavTree open  Telluride Bluegrass Festival (Moderators: TellurideTom, Ron N Deb)
NavTree downNavTree downNavTree sideNavTree open  TBF Video Tape Recordings WERE MADE for the entire TBF 1985
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
topic icon Author Topic: TBF Video Tape Recordings WERE MADE for the entire TBF 1985  (Read 16598 times)
FaceOnMars
Old Timer

Festivation rating 420

URL icon « Reply #15 on: February 05, 2011, 10:17:29 PM »

Thanks for the link to that video, it was really cool!  Thumbs Up

To see a high quality clip from that era is always a treat ... '72 must have been a special year in a lot of ways, at least by the way their sound was starting to evolve into a more polished feel.   Yeah, that boxed set does look pretty nice, I guess they were all snatched up pretty quick.  Why the limited release,  I kind of don't get that?  I understand the business logic, but why turn it into a collector's item?  Unless they figure it'll be a thing of diminishing returns as illegal copies start to circulate over time.    Update:  just read the page you linked to, I guess they're still selling the full series, but not as a limited edition boxed set (7,200 copies) .  The funny thing is that it looks like you still have to buy the full series -- it's just not packaged as a "boxed set".   Personally, I would rather spend the 450 beans on seeing furthur now, live ... while they're still here with us. 

But yeah, the internet has actually helped circulate non-official footage and such.  Too bad I'm an satellite ISP with a bandwidth quota though. 
IP address Logged

RIP Rob Wasserman
Pages: 1 [2] Go upGo Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Planet Bluegrass | Facebook | Twitter | Shop | Festivarian Forum rss feed Powered by SMF | SMF © Simple Machines LLC