Forum logo Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 24, 2017, 08:44:50 PM
Home | Help | Login | Register Planet Bluegrass | Facebook | Twitter | Shop
News: Become a fan of the Planet Bluegrass Facebook page

NavTree open  Festivarian Forum
NavTree sideNavTree open  The Shed
NavTree downNavTree sideNavTree open  Songwriting
NavTree downNavTree downNavTree sideNavTree open  just writing
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 Go Down Print
topic icon Author Topic: just writing  (Read 199420 times)
landshark
LOVES the internet

Festivation rating 420

3 chord's and a story that's me

URL icon « Reply #195 on: February 19, 2016, 08:07:56 AM »

Wave I read this yesterday somewhere I forgot. But it has resinated with me. "The song supersedes the singer". It is very true, People like Joe Cocker, anyone really that has just an average voice can and do make it very big, not because they sound great but they deliver the message great! Writing songs may seem silly or trite to some but songs are for eternity and bring so much time stamp to everything. I am proud to be a writer and would love to indulge myself more.The message supersedes ..
« Last Edit: February 19, 2016, 01:14:39 PM by landshark » IP address Logged

" Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited to all we now know and understand, while imagination embraces the entire world. " -  Albert Einstein
landshark
LOVES the internet

Festivation rating 420

URL icon « Reply #196 on: February 23, 2016, 09:19:53 AM »

Wave I always check here before I start my engines for work. A great way to start my day. Flower

I was actually browsing through my 42nd Annual Program before I file it away and what do I see ? A Bob Dylan SJ-200 Players Addition by Gibson Ad....OMG!

What a stunning Guitar. Wow! Medal

I was trying to remember what brand Sammy plays. A Gibson right?

Now Playing icon Listening to: My copy machine warm up
IP address Logged

" Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited to all we now know and understand, while imagination embraces the entire world. " -  Albert Einstein
landshark
LOVES the internet

Festivation rating 420

URL icon « Reply #197 on: March 09, 2016, 08:37:22 AM »

Just for the record campers. I never smite anyone for self expression. Fairly small minded. Flower
IP address Logged

landshark
LOVES the internet

Festivation rating 420

URL icon « Reply #198 on: March 09, 2016, 09:01:05 AM »

Any one remember Lenny? A tragically hip Comidian that was Socially incorrect and abrasive but spilled his guts on stage every night. His passion was to just, let it out, get it out, what ever it was that he was feeling and thinking. This can be considered by some, not Art at all and by some including me I consider it to be one of the highest forms of art. Giving expression and feeling injecting you with thoughts and possibilities good and bad. You are the filter of which the final meaning is determined. This is Art and it does not have to be Socially correct ever.
Freedom to express, a free range thinker. Medal
IP address Logged

landshark
LOVES the internet

Festivation rating 420

URL icon « Reply #199 on: March 09, 2016, 10:00:26 AM »

Wave By far this forum stimulates all the good stuff in me. I would love to be a Music Writer. I could in fact explore this subject for eternity and the mixed bag of players are always a delightful bunch...4200 post is gonna be a sad day....

This lineup is really goosebump city....love that it stirs folks up! Medal
IP address Logged

landshark
LOVES the internet

Festivation rating 420

URL icon « Reply #200 on: March 09, 2016, 03:54:41 PM »

Buck Owens and the Buckeroos....every tune like a Hank Williams song. I am pretty sure 3 chords is almost all you need Flower

IP address Logged

landshark
LOVES the internet

Festivation rating 420

URL icon « Reply #201 on: March 31, 2016, 09:21:41 AM »

kiss :vibes Sunshine :festivarian2

OK I am  feeling the love and back at ya times infinity Flower...now stop it, it feels funny 420 er bust. LOL

This whole ride has been outstanding, jokes and all. Pretty square bunch. Medal

Music is key. Big hugs  Cheers
« Last Edit: April 02, 2016, 08:02:49 AM by landshark » IP address Logged

landshark
LOVES the internet

Festivation rating 420

URL icon « Reply #202 on: April 02, 2016, 08:31:30 AM »

Thank you for the 440 but  I'm a 420 girl. LOL
Love this forum full of good people.

My happy place Flower
IP address Logged

landshark
LOVES the internet

Festivation rating 420

URL icon « Reply #203 on: April 25, 2016, 01:54:36 PM »

Wow I just saw pics of the new stage in Telluride. It is huge! How are you ever going to fill that backdrop? Inquiring minds want to know.

I saw a great great backdrop idea from Warren Haynes. A very light textured crumbled cloth grey. Didn't look like much till the lights danced on it. It was beautiful. Looked like mountains at times.
 It would be cool to have pine trees on rollers so you could reduce the stage or open it up. Big space to fill with just Art. Can we have a peek at the Art yet?

Is it me or is the stage bigger now?

I got this Ferg. LOL! I have no idea why I think of these things. LOL
« Last Edit: April 25, 2016, 01:58:19 PM by landshark » IP address Logged

landshark
LOVES the internet

Festivation rating 420

URL icon « Reply #204 on: May 04, 2016, 09:59:04 AM »

Medal Rollin Rollin Rollin Rollin Clap :hop :hop :dog horsey horsey horsey :vibes :bubbles dancing :hug

Are you kidding me? LOL John! Medal Gipper! LOL Medal Medal so flippin funny Cheers

And this is why I could possibly post 4200 replies LOL

I really really like this Fest and everybody in it.

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS! JUNE SOON! Flower

IP address Logged

landshark
LOVES the internet

Festivation rating 420

URL icon « Reply #205 on: May 17, 2016, 01:57:04 PM »

Man o man. I just had a listen to your new additions to the lineups.... please someone help me from under this rock. LOL

Like that! NEW and YOUNG! Excellent Medal Medal Medal

« Last Edit: May 17, 2016, 02:12:45 PM by landshark » IP address Logged

landshark
LOVES the internet

Festivation rating 420

URL icon « Reply #206 on: May 17, 2016, 02:04:17 PM »

I just heard this great new young band and I thought I saw their name in one of the lineups so before I blurt out their names I'm gonna check...harmonies are off the wall.

I know what it was. Did you have a CD release party for SHEL? Their vocals are so nice. Not Bluegrass but really nice and young and fresh and new. Score.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2016, 02:14:47 PM by landshark » IP address Logged

landshark
LOVES the internet

Festivation rating 420

URL icon « Reply #207 on: May 17, 2016, 04:22:20 PM »

One of the things I absolutely love about TBF is the blending of old traditional Bluegrass and young. It would be interesting to hear all the young new bands do the EPIC old tunes. Homage. with bacon on it. :burn
IP address Logged

landshark
LOVES the internet

Festivation rating 420

URL icon « Reply #208 on: May 31, 2016, 09:33:44 AM »

Cheers Feelin it!!!! Cheers

Thanks and hugs all around. horsey :hug :hug Sunshine

Is it June yet? Flower

Now Playing icon Listening to: Yogi my dog
IP address Logged

landshark
LOVES the internet

Festivation rating 420

URL icon « Reply #209 on: June 03, 2016, 04:02:23 PM »

Flower wow  Flower never sure why but thanks and back at ya. kiss kiss :hug :vibes
IP address Logged

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 Go upGo Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Planet Bluegrass | Facebook | Twitter | Shop | Festivarian Forum rss feed Powered by SMF | SMF © Simple Machines LLC