Forum logo Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 19, 2017, 05:23:26 PM
Home | Help | Login | Register Planet Bluegrass | Facebook | Twitter | Shop
News: Sign up for our new Wildflower Concerts newsletter - for news and special offers

NavTree open  Festivarian Forum
NavTree sideNavTree open  The Shop
NavTree downNavTree sideNavTree open  Gear Share
NavTree downNavTree downNavTree sideNavTree open  A few things available to borrow for Folks Fest...
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
topic icon Author Topic: A few things available to borrow for Folks Fest...  (Read 7508 times)
djk
Kinda digging this festival thing...

Festivation rating 20

URL icon « on: July 30, 2015, 05:29:10 PM »

I only noticed this new forum site a few days ago.  I'm driving out from Iowa and expect to be setting up camp in Meadow Park no later than noon on Monday the 10th.  I'd been using the Folks Fest forum site to offer camping gear to borrow, but maybe this will reach a wider audience.

Most of my extra stuff has already been spoken for, but I do have a few things available if anyone needs them (I've traveled by plane to reach a camping destination, and know how aggravating it can be to haul a bunch of gear, or find a place to rent stuff).  Anyway, here's what's still available:

One 5' x 7' x 4.5' (H) dome tent with stakes and rope (as needed)
Note that this tent is big enough for two people plus some gear, but nothing else.  It's in good condition, but it's too small for me to spend a whole day in, though it's served me and my partner (Angela) well on several adventures.  NOTE: I don't care if I don't get this back - if you borrow it and fall in love with it, consider it yours!

One small cooler
If it turns out to be too small for your needs, and you decide to buy a larger cooler, I may buy that from you after the festival, since one cannot have too many coolers.  :)

One sleeping bag
Like a lot of my things, this is designed for backpacking, meaning that it's a small, lightweight stuff bag.  It's plenty warm for the expected conditions, but it's also quite "snug".

One tarp

Two single-burner camp stoves
These use Coleman gas canisters that can't be taken on a plane, but can be purchased at any camp store and many larger general-purpose stores.  I will be bringing two partially-filled canisters, but I can't say for sure how long they will last (they're about 2/3 full, and you're welcome to use them).

One folding camp chair.  This is too tall to be used at the festival, unless you sit in back, but if you need an extra chair for your campsite, just let me know.

I'll also be bringing at least a dozen extra tent stakes, and lots of extra rope, which anyone is welcome to borrow until everything's gone.

Can't believe I'm leaving in 9 days!  This is gonna be an AWESOME festival!  Looking forward to meeting a lot of new friends as well!

Dan

IP address Logged
djk
Kinda digging this festival thing...

Festivation rating 20

URL icon « Reply #1 on: July 30, 2015, 05:38:44 PM »

...almost forgot:  I also have a camp-sized coffee percolator that I don't expect to use.  I have some other camp cookware, that I *may* use, but if anyone needs a small frying pan or a few small pots, stop by and we can work out a sharing arrangement. 

Anyone choosing to borrow stuff, just send me an email (address should be in my profile) and I'll give you my cell # so we can find each other....

Dan

IP address Logged
Pages: [1] Go upGo Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Planet Bluegrass | Facebook | Twitter | Shop | Festivarian Forum rss feed Powered by SMF | SMF © Simple Machines LLC