Forum logo Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 22, 2018, 09:59:27 PM
Home | Help | Login | Register Planet Bluegrass | Facebook | Twitter | Shop
News: Sign up for our new Wildflower Concerts newsletter - for news and special offers

NavTree open  Festivarian Forum
NavTree sideNavTree open  General Category
NavTree downNavTree sideNavTree open  Rockygrass (Moderators: TellurideTom, Ron N Deb)
NavTree downNavTree downNavTree sideNavTree open  Olsen camping
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
topic icon Author Topic: Olsen camping  (Read 3260 times)
patchee

Festivation rating 0

URL icon « on: July 22, 2007, 12:22:29 PM »

It is also my first rocky grass.We have camping passes at Olsen.I just drove over there,and to me it resembles a large farmer's field.I know it opens thursday at 9am.I know people line up wed night.Is there any advantage to getting in line,or,is anybody getting there thursday morning,destined to camp in a shadeless field,regardless?We have a vehicle pass,do we end up camping next to the car,or is that parked in a different spot.I assume the car can be moved during the day,to run errands ect?....Thanks,Patrick
IP address Logged
laughingflyinglemur
Small Member

Festivation rating 20

URL icon « Reply #1 on: July 22, 2007, 12:47:07 PM »

I camped Olsen some years back, and got there early, but even up against the trees you get wicked morning sun.  We were able to tuck behind a fallen tree to get partial shade, but the tent was still hot shortly after sunrise.  Bring shade.  A canopy with a tarp or sheet for a wall, and the tent under/behind it can help a lot.  You can also get affordable freestanding hammocks to sleep in the open air in the morning when skeeters are sleeping.  I got a battery-powered fan and set it on a chair next to my hammock and put a bandana over my head and earplugs in and slept pretty well on some hot mornings.

Now Playing icon Listening to: Gong - Floating Anarchy
IP address Logged
Pages: [1] Go upGo Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Planet Bluegrass | Facebook | Twitter | Shop | Festivarian Forum rss feed Powered by SMF | SMF © Simple Machines LLC