In keeping with their efforts of incorporating green ideas into their festivals, Planet Bluegrass has teamed up with Leave No Trace for the 1ST ANNUAL LEAVE NO TRACE “HOW GREEN IS YOUR GRASS?” CAMPSITE CHALLENGE.
Looking forward to seeing some green
Planet Bluegrass Intern
Are you looking for a fun, creative, and meaningful way to demonstrate your love for RockyGrass?! Participate in our 1st annual “How Green is Your Grass
?” Campsite Challenge! Brought to you by the Leave No Trace Center for Outdoor Ethics and supported by Planet Bluegrass, Keen Footwear, New Belgium Brewing Company, and Clif, this contest challenges you to camp with responsible and creative flair!
HOW DO I PARTICIPATE?
1) If you are camping onsite, take a digital photo of your campsite. (Sorry, this first year's contest is only open to campsites in the on-site campground.)
2) Bring your camera and cable over to the Leave No Trace booth in the Green Town area of the festival.
3) Fill out our entry form and your photo will be printed and displayed at the Leave No Trace info booth.
4) Between 4:00-5:00 pm each day, we will make a stage announcement declaring the daily winner. Winners will also be posted at the Leave No Trace booth.
HOW DO I WIN?
We are scoring participating campsites on three simple criteria:
1) CLEANLINESS: i.e. Are you repackaging the food you bring? Are you keeping a tidy campsite? Are items secure and not susceptible to wind gusts? Are you safely disposing cigarette butts?
2) SUSTAINABILITY: i.e. Are you separating your recyclables, compostibles, etc. Are you reusing products (cups, utensils, water bottles) instead of trashing them? Are you using any alternative energy sources? Are you using wind credits or did you bike to the festival?
3) CREATIVITY – i.e. Does your campsite have a theme? Are you utilizing any unique and innovative camping techniques?
WHAT DO I WIN?
Each evening, one lucky campsite will walk away with a ton of prizes including:
Keen Footwear, Coleman Camping products, Planet Bluegrass Nalgenes, Leave No Trace memberships, recycled Frisbees, canvas tote bags, and much more!
FOR MORE INFORMATION:
Leave No Trace Center for Outdoor Ethics is an educational, nonprofit organization dedicated to the responsible enjoyment and active stewardship of the outdoors by all people, worldwide. Visit us on our website at www.LNT.org
or call 1-800-332-4100